Come Fly With Us!
Are you searching for the perfect Father's or Mother's Day gift, a unique birthday present or a special ride which brings your Grandfather, a WWII Veteran, back in touch with his past? Or would you just like to experience the sounds and sensations of a warbird in flight?
A ride aboard Texas Raiders is simple and easily accomplished. Typically, this authentically restored B-17 Bomber tours the U.S. from early April to late October. You and your family can tour and/or ride Texas Raiders at most tour locations. Check the Flight Schedule to find a tour location near you.
Once you've found a tour-location nearest your city, request an advance reservation via e-mail at B17rides@gulfcoastwing.org leaving your phone number and our Rides Coordinator will call you.
No payment is necessary until check-in on the day of departure. Although scheduled departure times are sometimes controlled by the airport event and facility where Texas Raiders is touring, we will do our best to accommodate passengers as close to their desired date and time as possible.
Passengers & Crew after a Flight in Brazoria, Tx.
Photo-Col Sandy Thompson
Texas Raiders Flight from Brazoria, Tx.
|Cost:||$425 per person or $625 per person for a confirmed seat in the nose section
|Number of Passengers:||We can accommodate eight (8) passengers along with a flight crew of four (4)
|Duration of Flight Experience
||The ride experience is from 30-35 minutes in length|
|Payment:||Payments are processed prior to the flight departure
We accept all major credit cards, cash, or checks
Your payment is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law
Phone: 1-855-FLY-A-B17 (1-855-359-2217)
- Pre-Boarding: 1/2 to 1 hour before take-off, check-in, paperwork and crew/passenger briefing
- Boarding: Passenger placement, seat belt check (approx. 5 minutes)
- Engine Start-Up/Run-Up: Before take-off, run-up of engines and taxi to active runway (approx. 10 minutes)
- Flight Time (in air): Aerial tour lasting approximately 20-25 minutes. If not in the nose, can move around to take photos and videos once the OK is given
- Landing/Taxi/Engine Shut Down: Safe return back to base and taxi back to the area where you boarded the plane (approx. 5 minutes)
- Disembark: Once the plane is secure and the has opened the exits, disembark and discussion with flight crew
- Total Flight Experience: Your entire Flight Experience is expected to last approximately 40-45 minutes
- Smoking is prohibited within 50 feet of the aircraft and during flight.
- Passengers must be 12 years of age or older. Current FAA and CAF regulations restrict riders to ages 12 and up.
- Passengers between the ages of 12 through 17 must provide a notarized "Minor Hold-Harmless" form prior to departure. Download the Minor Hold-Harmless, have it notarized, and bring it with you on the day of your flight experience.
- Flight experience is approximately 30-35 minutes in duration.
- Passengers need to arrive and check-in a minimum of 1 hour prior to the flight departure time. Passengers who fail to arrive and check-in within this time frame will be subject to cancellation of their flight reservation.
- Three documents will need to be completed and signed prior to take off. These forms will be available and processed at check-in.
- Payment by cash or check is preferred, although credit cards are accepted (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express). Payment is processed prior to flight departure.
- Your payment is tax-deductible and your experience is priceless.
- CAF and flight certification rules restrict B-17 Texas Raiders passenger load limit to not more than eight (8) passengers along with a flight crew of four (4).
- Passengers must attend a pre-flight briefing prior to boarding. There will be Wing crew members to assist you in fastening seat belts and to answer any questions.
- Seat belts are required to be fastened for take-off and landing. During the flight, if you are not seated in the nose section, you are welcome to move about the aircraft, taking photographs/video at your leisure.
- Ear protection is strongly recommended and provided if you do not have your own.
- Your ride on Texas Raiders includes a supporting membership in the CAF (Commemorative Air Force). Additional CAF information may be found at www.commemorativeairforce.org